Sunday, October 28, 2012

Susie-home-maker syndrome

In the last 12 months, I've had some alarming opinion and thought process changes. I'll be honest, I have shocked many of my friends and family members with the changes. I have even shocked myself - literal dropped jaw after some of these revelations. I guess it's part of growing up.

One thing I have recently noticed is my seriously crazy need to cook, bake, clean, host, ensure proper ambiance using the correct holiday decor (flowers, decorations, snacks...) which I refer to as Susie-home-maker syndrome. Like all the rest of you do, so clearly not creative but fitting.

On a typical Sunday, you'll find me hovering in the kitchen doing a number of things.
  • Making dinner that will last me all week. This involves my crock pot or a large saucepan full of soup/stew/pasta/etc.
  • Making breakfast to last me all week. Baked oatmeal/cinnamon rolls/veggie egg bake
  • Washing dishes
  • Cleaning out the fridge of anything that's not edible
I also take time to meal plan for the next week, do laundry, figure out my next piece of wall art, paint my nails, devise a plan to save the world and watch a rom-com to end the evening.

I need to fetch my baked oatmeal - peace out homies and enjoy the week. xoxo -B (aka Superwoman)

No comments:

Post a Comment