Sunday, October 21, 2012

Like a calico cat

Whenever I go through life changes, I tend to change the color of my hair as well. I have been all over the hair color spectrum - from very very blond to black, and every color in between. I am a natural blond, and for a while was using box hair dye to transform my beautiful blond locks into dark, super edgy black strands. I was going through a phase in which I thought I was really cool... aka punk/emo/weird.

Getting my blond hair back from this terrible life choice was no easy feat. The initial bleaching was awful... I looked in the mirror and freaked out. My hair literally looked like a calico cat. I remember because I told my stylist Michele "My hair is awful... I look like a freaking calico cat!"... or something along those lines. She was able to fix the terrible copper/orange color and bring me back to my roots, literally.

I went to Michele for a visit yesterday, needed a pop of color in my life. During my transformation, I learned some new things about my dear friend and hair stylist. Apparently... she has not always had the best hair ever. She once had a mullet because she cut her own hair, at the tender age of 5 (I'm not exactly sure what age, I just made up a number. She could have been 15.) using a cuticle scissors. I asked her what exactly she was thinking when she cut her hair, she said she wasn't sure. But what she did know was that after she took a nice chunk out of her hair, she had a great reason for it.

As a child, her family had a long-haired black cat named Cricket. According to Michele, Cricket the long haired black cat had started to grow blond hair... and Michele had to cut the blond hair off of cricket. This reason caused me to go into a hysterical laughing fit for 76 seconds. Thank you for the story Michele. You made my day yesterday. You also made my hair look really awesome, thank you for that as well!

The rest of the conversation was pretty great as well but I won't bore you with our secrets. Time to get in the shower and get ready for this Packer game! GOOOOO PACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment