Saturday, November 10, 2012

Just one drink

My friend Suzanne and I have a really terrible habit. It's a Friday night. Or Saturday. Or which ever night of the week we can go out for a drink and be social. These conversations go a little something like this:

Bridget: Hey girl, what's going on?!

Suzanne: Oh nothing, what's up with you?

B: Well, I mean since we are so fabulous, I'd like to reward our fabulousity with a drink. But, just one - I don't want to get crazy.

S: Yeah I agree let's not get crazy but I think a drink is in order.

B: Sweet, let me change out of my PJ's and slippers and I'll meet you in like, 20.

S: Perf. See you soon!

B: Adios, hot stuff!

And then we meet up, have one drink. But somehow one turns into two, three, four, and before you know it I'm incapable of driving home and find myself in the back seat of a cab on my way home or something.

Just one drink. Famous last words. But sometimes you just gotta go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment